Elk and deer velvet covers the growing bone and cartilage that develops into antlers. People use velvet as medicine for a wide range of health problems. Some benefits include:
• Enhances ability to cope with stress - physical, emotional, and chemical.
• Supports joint flexibility and mobility.
• Supports positive kidney and liver function.
• Enhances energy levels.
• Aids normal muscle recovery.
• Supports a healthy immune system.
• Supports the body's normal inflammation response.
• Aids normal red blood cell production and circulation.
Other uses include treatment of high cholesterol, high blood pressure, migraines, asthma, indigestion, osteoporosis, headache, chronic skin ulcers, and overactive bladder. Women use velvet supplements to reduce the dose of estrogen they need in hormone replacement therapy. They also use it for menstrual and menopause problems, vaginal discharges, and uterine bleeding.